I just received a notification email telling me that University of Toronto Press is offering free shipping, in Canada and the United States, on all its orders between now and the end of this Sunday, November 29. Since UTP has published a number of books by or about L.M. Montgomery over the years, and given that these books are substantially discounted on their website, this is the perfect time for readers to complete their collections!
Among the books available are the first two volumes of The L.M. Montgomery Library and the three volumes of The L.M. Montgomery Reader, which are still available in hardcover as well as the paperback editions released earlier this year. I was also pleased to see that paperback copies of Mary Quayle Innis’s The Clear Spirit: Twenty Canadian Women and Their Times (1966), which includes Elizabeth Waterston’s chapter on Montgomery that is widely acknowledged as the starting point of L.M. Montgomery studies, are still available.
A full list of titles is as follows:
- Elizabeth Rollins Epperly, The Fragrance of Sweet-Grass: L.M. Montgomery’s Heroines and the Pursuit of Romance (1992/2014)
- Elizabeth Rollins Epperly, Through Lover’s Lane: L.M. Montgomery’s Photography and Visual Imagination (2007)
- Irene Gammel (ed.), The Intimate Life of L.M. Montgomery (2005)
- Irene Gammel (ed.), Making Avonlea: L.M. Montgomery and Popular Culture (2002)
- Irene Gammel and Elizabeth Epperly (eds.), L.M. Montgomery and Canadian Culture (1999)
- Irene Gammel and Benjamin Lefebvre (eds.), Anne’s World: A New Century of Anne of Green Gables (2010)
- Mary Quayle Innis (ed.), The Clear Spirit: Twenty Canadian Women and Their Times (1966)
- Benjamin Lefebvre (ed.), The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 1: A Life in Print (2013)
- Benjamin Lefebvre (ed.), The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 2: A Critical Heritage (2014)
- Benjamin Lefebvre (ed.), The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 3: A Legacy in Review (2015)
- Benjamin Lefebvre (ed.), A Name for Herself: Selected Writings, 1891–1917 (2018)
- Benjamin Lefebvre (ed.), A World of Songs: Selected Poems, 1894–1921 (2019)
- Hildi Froese Tiessen and Paul Gerard Tiessen (eds.), After Green Gables: L.M. Montgomery’s Letters to Ephraim Weber, 1916–1941 (2006)
- Lorraine York, Literary Celebrity in Canada (2007/2017)
I decided to take advantage of this sale myself, and I ordered two books that will certainly come in handy as I continue my work of preparing all of L.M. Montgomery’s short stories and poems for book publication: T.K. Pratt’s Dictionary of Prince Edward Island English (1996) and T.K. Pratt and Scott Burke’s Prince Edward Island Sayings (1998). I look forward to reading these!