The Anne of Green Gables Treasury is a book-length extension by Carolyn Strom Collins and Christina Wyss Erikkson and published by Viking in 1991. It was followed by The Anne of Green Gables Treasury of Days and The Anne of Green Gables Christmas Treasury, by the same authors.
From the Back Cover
Lucy Maud Montgomery’s classic Anne of Green Gables introduced the charming and memorable Anne Shirley and immortalized scenic Prince Edward Island at the turn of the century.
Now, in this lavishly illustrated volume, you can enter the world of Green Gables.
- Learn how to prepare an Anne tea party complete with easy recipes for tea-time treats.
- Transform your own garden into one just like Anne’s.
- Recreate handicrafts from the Anne books—sachets, pressed flowers, button necklaces, pinafores and Anne’s famous flowered hat.
- Discover Anne’s day-to-day adventures as she attended school, whiled away her leisure time and explored Green Gables itself (now a tourist attraction that draws thousands of visitors each year).
A short biography of Anne’s creator, Lucy Maud Montgomery, is included along with synopses of all the Anne books. Sprinkled throughout the text are quotes from the Anne books set against more than 150 full-colour reproductions of original paintings and sketches, all thoroughly researched and authenticated. Even the page borders have been adapted from wallpaper of the period.
For everyone who has read and loved the Anne books, The Anne of Green Gables Treasury recreates Anne’s world and brings a beloved time and place to life.
1. L.M. Montgomery and the Anne Books (2–17)
2. Anne’s World (20–29)
3. Through the Years (30–43)
4. School Days, Special Days (44–53)
5. Tea Time (54–83)
6. Busy Hands (84–109)
7. In Fine Fashion (110–21)
8. In the Garden (122–41)
In Conclusion (142–43)
Collins, Carolyn Strom, and Christina Wyss Eriksson. The Anne of Green Gables Treasury. 1991. Toronto: Penguin Books, 1997. Trade paperback. ISBN 0-14-017231-9.
Collins, Carolyn Strom, and Christina Wyss Eriksson. The Anne of Green Gables Treasury. 1991. Special Edition Commemorating the 100th Anniversary of Anne of Green Gables 1908–2008. Saint Paul, MN: Ingleside Impressions, 2008. Trade paperback. ISBN 978-098167340-0. Includes a bonus chapter, “Anne’s Prince Edward Island,” 144–52.
Review by Mary Rubio.
Authors: Carolyn Strom Collins and Christina Wyss Eriksson
Publisher: Viking (Toronto)
Pagination: 144 pp.
Format: Jacketed hardcover
Trim: 6.5” x 8.5”